HarborChase of Shaker Heights
Developed in partnership with Harbor Retirement Associates (HRA), HarborChase of Shaker Heights broke ground in July 2021, representing the first project of its kind to break ground in this city within the past 20 years and marking the development partners’ 9th joint venture across six states. The community is anticipated to open in late 2022.
Developed intentionally within the specifications of Confluent Senior Living’s Whole Health Standard, HarborChase of Shaker Heights will deliver quality, holistic designs that incorporate the latest protections for residents’ physical health, promote features essential to mental health and place a strong emphasis on safety, hospitality and comfort.
HarborChase of Shaker Heights will be located within one of Cleveland’s most affluent suburbs, just eight miles from downtown. The project is also in close proximity to the RTA light rail, which connects residents of Shaker Heights to downtown Cleveland, creating a convenient transportation option for families and friends of loved ones who will reside at HarborChase of Shaker Heights.
The project’s design and architecture will be led entirely by Ohio-based project partners to ensure the community is tailored to the needs of its local residents. RDL Architects, based out of Shaker Heights, is the architect on the project, with Toledo-based The Douglas Company serving as general contractor. Mannik Smith Group (MSG), also based in Shaker Heights, is the project’s civil engineer.
- 106,698-square-foot development
- 80 assisted living facilities
- 28 memory care suites
- 84 surface parking spots
- 28 units with balconies
- Concierge service
- Housekeeping service
- Bar and lounge with a sunroom
- Club room
- Classroom and activity rooms
- Fitness and wellness center
- Scheduled daily transportation
- Outdoor firepits and dining options
- Barber and beauty salon
- 24-hour care staff
- Far-UVC Light Field to reduce the spread of airborne-mediated microbial diseases through ultraviolet rays
- Kiosk system for seamless, distanced sign-in and health screening
- Anti-microbial countertop surfaces
- Tele-training on infection control and mobile alert systems
- Architect: RDL Architects
- General Contractor: The Douglas Company
- Interior Designer: Mannik Smith Group (MSG)