MorningStar of Mission Viejo
Confluent Senior Living will deliver a new resort-style senior living community in Mission Viejo, Calif. The project broke ground in March 2021 and is scheduled for completion in early 2023. The 166,000-square-foot development will feature 132 licensed senior living units for independent living, assisted living and memory care residents in Orange County.
MorningStar of Mission Viejo will offer studio, one- and two-bedroom suites. Sitting on three acres, the community will be located near the intersection of Marguerite Parkway and Avery Parkway in Mission Viejo, ideally positioned near The Shops at Mission Viejo, the Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club, Mission Hospital Mission Viejo and I-5. Developed intentionally within the specifications of Confluent Senior Living’s recently established “Whole Health Standard,” the project will deliver quality, holistic designs that incorporate the latest protections for residents’ physical health, promote features essential to mental health and place a strong emphasis on safety, hospitality and comfort.
The project is the first MorningStar community in Orange County, recognized for delivering industry-leading communities with a service-oriented, hospitality-driven approach to senior living. The community represents the 14th joint venture between Confluent Senior Living and MorningStar Senior Living, a fully integrated operator, owner and developer of exceptional senior living communities. Concord Development Partners, a privately held real estate investment and development company, is partnering as co-developer and co-owner. Local firms involved in the project include KTGY Architecture + Planning as the designer, Snyder Langston as the general contractor and David Evans and Associates as the civil engineer.
- 166,000-square-foot development
- 126 underground parking spaces
- 13,809 square feet of total outdoor space
- Outdoor pool
- Dog park
- Community garden
- Spa and wellness center
- Outdoor dining
- 24-hour staffing and full-time licensed nurses
- Sanitation stations
- Touchless faucets and light switches in common spaces
- Needlepoint bipolar ionization through HVAC systems
- Electrostatic sprayers that disperse positively charged particles to neutralize infectious diseases
- Far-UVC Light Field to reduce the spread of airborne-mediated microbial diseases through ultraviolet rays
- Kiosk system for seamless, distanced sign-in and health screening
- Anti-microbial countertop surfaces
- Tele-training on infection control and mobile alert systems
- Coming soon