MorningStar at Observatory Park
Developed in partnership with MorningStar Senior Living, MorningStar at Observatory Park will be the latest urban infill community located in Denver’s historic Observatory Park neighborhood. MorningStar at Observatory Park will mark the development partners’ 13th joint venture across five states.
Planned for completion by summer 2022, MorningStar at Observatory Park represents one of the partnership’s newest senior living communities designed to establish a unique “Whole Health Standard” in the industry, representing a comprehensive, holistic design that incorporates the latest protections for residents’ physical health while advancing features essential to mental health. The community will offer 81 licensed units for assisted living and memory care that will incorporate the latest in healthy building technologies while enhancing resident comfort and quality of life.
Located near Denver’s metropolitan core, MorningStar at Observatory Park is in the heart of one of the city’s most central, tight-knit and vibrant neighborhoods where residents will benefit from convenient access to local parks, golf courses, the University of Denver, shopping and dining, medical centers, I-25, Washington Park, Platt Park, Cherry Hills, Cherry Creek and more.
Firms involved in the project include Hord Coplan Macht as the architect, Shaw Construction as the general contractor, and Thoma-Holec Design as the interior designer.
- 89,900-square-foot development
- 58 assisted living suites
- 23 memory care suites
- 47 underground parking spaces
- Elevated courtyard
- Outdoor dining area
- Wellness center
- Rooftop terrace
- Mountain views
- 24-hour staffing and full-time licensed nurses
- Sanitation stations
- Touchless faucets and light switches in common spaces
- Needlepoint bipolar ionization through HVAC systems
- Electrostatic sprayers that disperse positively charged particles to neutralize infectious diseases
- Far-UVC Light Field to reduce the spread of airborne-mediated microbial diseases through ultraviolet rays
- Kiosk system for seamless, distanced sign-in and health screening
- Anti-microbial countertop surfaces
- Tele-training on infection control and mobile alert systems
- Mile High CRE – Jan. 27, 2021
- Denver Gazette – Jan. 27, 2021
- McKnight’s Senior Living – Jan. 28, 2021
- Senior Housing News – Jan. 28, 2021
- CoStar – Jan. 28, 2021